Updated: 22 April 2021

We’ve had permission from district to start back with Face to Face Scouting. All Parent should have now received an email from their section leaders with a copy of the risk assessments.

Updated: 24th March 2020

Only a few days ago we had to suspended all Beavers, Cubs and Scouts with immediate effect. Following a group exec meeting last night and in light of potential job losses/huge income reductions due to the spread of Covid -19 it was decided to suspended all subs with immediate effect.

The group still has liabilities going forward which we are trying to address such as hall fees and scouts insurance. The hall fees to an extent is in our control but the insurance is not, at this moment in time we do not know where this will leave the group finances going forward.

These are troubling times for all families mine included, but the exec hope the above decision will help. The decision taken is not district position so other groups maybe handling this differently, but given all the options on the table we think it's the best course of action for the short term for our group. Please let me reminded you, that you have to stop your standing order, we cannot do this for you.

We will of course keep you updated with regular messages even if it is to say no change from the last communication.

Updated: 16th March 2020

Following the last communication, regarding COVID-19, we have now been informed by Scout HQ, that all section (Beavers/Cubs/Scouts) meetings are now cancelled until further notice.

Please see below a copy of Tim Kidd (Uk Chief Scout Commissioner) email,

"I'm writing to share critical pieces of information relating to the developing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. This email follows my previous communications with volunteer managers over the past few weeks.

Late this afternoon, the Prime Minister has said that everyone in the UK should now avoid non-essential travel and contact with others.

Suspension of face-to-face activities

Given this guidance, all face-to-face Scout meetings, activities and events must be suspended from tomorrow, Tuesday, 17 March 2020. This suspension applies to young people and adults, and will be until further notice.

We must continue to respond to the developing situation in a calm, measured and appropriate way. We will continue to follow official guidance. The safety of everyone involved in Scouts, both young people and adults, is our number one priority. That is always at the heart of our decision making."

As normal will follow the government advice and Scout HQ advice and will stay contact with District/County, the exec will be regular contact and will communicate any information as soon as it is available.

Updated: 13th March 2020

Following the recent breakout of Covid-19 the group has been in contact with the district for further guidance, in summary, the district has advised us to follow government guidelines. Naturally, as parents, you will be concerned about the health of your children, therefore, the following is our plan.

Regular Monday and Tuesday Night Meetings - Will carry on as normal until further advice from the government or district is received, However, if your child should show any Flu-like symptoms they should not attend and follow the government guidelines - As this is a fluid situation it may be necessary to cancel regular Monday and Tuesday night meetings at short notice so apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused Cancellation notice will be communicated via email, Facebook and our Website.

Events - Currently Cheshire County Scouts have postponed all of their events, such as Cheshire Hike, Cube Camp until autumn of 2020 or the year of 2021, District is still in the process in making a decision in whether or not their events will be cancelled, The GSL has made the decision to not carry on planning the Scout Spring Camp. Other events which are planned for later in the year will be assessed by the group exec, and parents will be informed by the communication methods stated above on the outcome. When assessing events the group exec will take into consideration, financial commitments, the safety of leaders and children.

Subs - The group is still required to pay for church hall fees and capitation your scout's insurance fees in 2021 (this years payment was £1700) currently the financial position of the group does not allow us to suspend the monthly subs. We will, of course, try and suspend/reach an agreement with the church hall to stop some payments but we are not at this stage yet.

We will, of course, keep you all updated of any changes to the above.